About Cedar Rock Ministries
Cedar Rock Ministries, based out of Searcy, Arkansas, is a relationship development ministry. We help individuals and couples find the rest and connection they need to become more fully known and deeply loved.
Since 2010, this ministry has served in several states throughout the U.S. and in Kenya and Uganda, East Africa. Our mission is to help people find the rest and connection they need to become more fully known and deeply loved.
At the heart of CRM is the belief that we are called to rest in the love and goodness of God and to live lives that flow out of that profound reality. So many Christians today live very busy, anxious lives that are marked more by fear and striving in their own energy than by faith and serving in the strength of the indwelling Christ. Our understanding of spiritual formation is that growth is primarily a by-product of resting in the Presence of God.
Cedar Rock is a relationship development ministry. We help individuals and couples find the rest and connection they need to become more fully known and deeply loved.
Our Core Values
- RESTFUL RECEIVING: We live out of the abundance of life and love that God gives us.
- UNHURRIED PACE: We slow down to attend to the Spirit’s power and direction.
- POWERFUL PRESENCE: We relate with awareness and purpose, living responsively rather than reactively.
- FREQUENT SUBTRACTION: We regularly let go of distractions. We often say “no” to the good in order to say “yes” to the best.
- CURIOUS EXPLORATION: We trust there is always more strength, beauty, and goodness to discover everywhere and in everyone.
- INTENTIONAL PLAY: We enjoy our relationships and our work. We see play as a fruit of trusting relationships and meaningful work.
- HOLISTIC GROWTH: We seek full integration and connection. While depending on the Spirit, we pursue wholeness in ourselves, our relationships, and our organization.
Meet Our Team
Nick lives in Searcy, AR, and he and Renee have four beautiful children. Ask him about retreats and counseling services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Renee lives in Searcy, AR, and she and Nick have four beautiful children. Ask her about retreats and spiritual direction at email@example.com.
April lives in Little Rock, AR, with her husband and twin daughters. Ask her about retreats at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Operations
Connor lives in Nashville, AR, with his wife and their new dog, Louie. Ask him about partnering with Cedar Rock at email@example.com.
Kelly lives in Searcy, AR, with her husband and two daughters. She prepares the room for each One Couple Retreat, creating safe and beautiful spaces.
Lea lives in Searcy, AR, with her husband and two children. She prepares and serves our One Couple Retreat guests the most delicious, top notch breakfasts.
About Nick & Renee
Nick and Renee Fouts are the directors of Cedar Rock Ministries. They both graduated from Harding University in 1994 with degrees in Bible before getting married in 1996. Nick continued his education, receiving a Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. They then served in Uganda, East Africa, from 1997 to 2007 on a mission team with several other families.
Nick is a licensed marriage and family counselor and Renee is a certified Spiritual Director.
Prior to beginning Cedar Rock Ministries, Nick served as an associate minister for the East Sunshine Church in Springfield, Missouri, for nearly three years. He led the “Body Life” ministry of the church, working with small groups and member involvement. It was in Springfield that Nick and Renee began leading small group retreats and felt the call to begin Cedar Rock Ministries. They presently reside in Searcy, AR.
The righteous…will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, ‘The LORD is upright; He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.Psalm 92:12-15